The history of the castle can be traced back to the 13th century.
A sales contract of 17. July 1318 is in view of two castle women who were called Sophie and Gertrud in a book of the city Rothenburg, the most important certificate.
||Duke Frederic IV. of Nuremberg buys the castle|
||Frederic IV. of Hohenzollern becomes Margrave of Brandenburg|
||Colmberg is under Prussian leadership|
|1806 – 1880
||The castle becomes the headquarter of the kingdom of Bavaria|
|1927 – 1964
||The castle belongs to the last imperial consul in Japan|
||Family Unbehauen which comes from Colmberg, buys the castle and creates the comfortable hotel|